What To Eat After Embryo Transfer IVF
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedure is an advanced infertility treatment, which helps couples to conceive and build a family. IVF procedure comprises of a series of medical steps, which needs to be performed for the ultimate success of the procedure to achieve pregnancy. To make IVF a success, couples need to take certain measures, which will effectively contribute to successful completion of the procedure. A healthy and nutritious diet is one of the important components for success of IVF procedure.
Here is some of the IVF expert recommended foods, which need to be consumed during IVF procedure, and continued even after embryo transfer for successful implantation of the embryo along with the foods, which need to be avoided even after IVF procedure, is completed.
Foods to eat after Embryo Transfer in IVF:
- Protein-rich foods: You will be surprised to know that the protein content in the body controls hormonal production of the body. The hormones produced to determine the egg count and quality in the woman. So, make sure you consume protein-based foods such as eggs and controlled amount of seafood after consulting your dietitian and infertility specialist. The vegetarian sources of proteins are legumes, almonds, and walnuts.
- Healthy fats: First of all, you need to understand that there are different types of fats and saturated fats are healthy ones. So, it’s advised to stay away from trans-saturated fats, which can be found in unhealthy foods like junk ones. Go for corn, walnuts, and olive oil after embryo transfer step of your IVF procedure.
- Carbohydrates: Healthy carbs are a significant source of energy for patients undergoing IVF procedure. Consume carbohydrates in moderate quantity but make sure that you keep an active lifestyle as well.
- Dairy foods and water: These must be in the top of your list and you need to understand the importance of each of them. If you are allergic to dairy foods, then discuss with your doctor and go for a good alternative. Make sure you consume at least 2-3 liter of water irrespective of the season.
Foods to avoid after Embryo Transfer in IVF:
- Highly processed foods: Most of the foods which are processed and available in the package form need to be avoided if a couple wants to have positive results of implantation followed by pregnancy after embryo transfer step in IVF procedure.
- High-sugar foods: Sugar content needs to be monitored from time to time and it is recommended to avoid consuming foods, which contain a high amount of sugar. If you cannot stay away from sweets completely, then you need to know that consuming such foods in small amounts without artificial sweeteners usage is still fine.
- Excessive caffeine: If you want to achieve success with embryo transfer in IVF, then you must know that caffeine intake must be analyzed and reduced to a minimum to avoid any kind of adverse effects on the results of the IVF procedure.
Therefore, it is crucial to know the foods, which must be included in the diet, and the ones, which need to be avoided for successful implantation after embryo, transfer in patients.